Mississippi's American indians
University Press of Mississippi,
|Series:||Heritage of Mississippi series ;
v. 6. |
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Mississippi Indians in prehistory
- 1540-1684: early European contact
- 1685-1715: the era of the Indian slave trade
- 1716-1762: the deerskin trade and client warfare
- 1763-1800: cultural survival and emigration
- 1801-1837: treaties and removal
- Appendixes: 1. Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek
- 2. Treaty with the Chickasaw, October 20, 1832.