Not like us : immigrants and minorities in America, 1890-1924
The author focuses on immigrants, African Americans, and Native Americans and "on struggles over ethnicity and race in late-nineteenth- and early-twentieth-century America."--Preface, p. [vii].
Ivan R. Dee,
|Series:||American ways series.
|Subjects and Genres:|
|Online Access:||Table of contents|
Book review (H-Net)
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Prologue: Chinese Exclusion, 1882
- The United States in the Grey Nineties
- The Limits of Progressivism
- World War I and the Ambiguities of Nationalism
- Postwar Passions
- The Triumph of Nativism
- Epilogue: Toward Equality.