Postwar problems of migration; papers presented at the round table on population problems, 1946 conference of the Milbank Memorial Fund, October 29-30, 1946
Milbank Memorial Fund,
|Series:||Papers [and Proceedings] presented at the annual conference 1946, pt.1
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Migration and the population potential of Monsoon Asia, by I. B. Taeuber.
- Future migration into Latin America, by Kingsley Davis.
- European migrations: prewar trends and future prospects, by Dudley Kirk.
- Possibilities and limits of international control of migration, by Carter Goodrich.
- The present status of our immigration laws and policies, by E. P. Hutchinson.
- The demographic and economic implications of larger immigration, by W. S. Thompson.
- Recent refugee immigration from Europe, by M. R. Davie.
- Recent trends of rural-urban migration in the United States, by Conrad Taeuber.
- Wartime shifts of the civilian population, by H. S. Shryock, Jr.
- Special problems of Negro migration during the war, by I. De A. Reid.
- Projection of urban growth and migration to cities in the United States, by P. M. Hauser and H. T. Eldridge.