Seeing Reds : federal surveillance of radicals in the Pittsburgh mill district, 1917-1921
Pittsburgh, Pa. :
University of Pittsburgh Press,
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- The G-men : virtue made visible (and invisible)
- The World War I-era Pittsburgh Left
- Taming the Steel City wobblies, 1917-1918
- Excursions, alarms, and slackers abroad : extending the range of surveillance, 1918
- Bombs, a new mission, and the usual suspects, 1919
- The great strikes of 1919 : steel and coal
- The Palmer Raids I : the union of Russian workers, 1919
- The Palmer Raids II : the Communists and the end of the Red Scare, 1920-1921
- "Deporting" Margolis, 1919-1921.