The name of war : King Philip's War and the origins of American identity
Publisher description: King Philip's War, the excruciating racial war--colonists against Indians--that erupted in New England in 1675, was, in proportion to population, the bloodiest in American history. Some even argued that the massacres and outrages on both sides were too horrific to "d...
New York :
|Subjects and Genres:|
|Online Access:||Contributor biographical information|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- What's in a name?
- A brief chronology of King Philip's War
- Prologue: The circle
- pt. 1. Language. Beware of any linguist ; The story of it printed
- pt. 2. War. Habitations of cruelty ; Where is your O God?
- pt. 3. Bondage. Come go along with us ; A dangerous merchandise
- pt. 4. Memory. The blasphemous leviathan ; The curse of Metamora
- Epilogue: The rock.