Vindicating Andrew Jackson : the 1828 election and the rise of the two-party system
University Press of Kansas,
|Series:||American presidential elections.
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- spring of 1825
- Taking sides, 1825-1826
- Organizing at the top, 1827
- Organizing at the bottom: the east
- Organizing at the bottom: the west and the south
- Political parties in 1828
- Election year
- Election day
- Appendix A.
- Andrew Jackson's first inaugural address, March 4, 1829
- Appendix B.
- Excerpts from Andrew Jackson's first annual message, December 8, 1829.