Chancellorsville and the Germans : nativism, ethnicity, and Civil War memory
New York :
Fordham Unviersity Press,
|Series:||North's Civil War.
|Subjects and Genres:|
|Online Access:||Table of contents only|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- German Americans, Know Nothings, and the outbreak of the war
- Before Chancellorsville : Sigel, Blenker, and the reinforcement of German ethnicity in the Union Army, 1861-1862
- The battle of Chancellorsville and the German regiments of the Eleventh Corps
- "Retreating and cowardly poltroons" : the Anglo American reaction
- "All we ask is justice" : the Germans respond
- Nativism and German ethnicity after Chancellorsville
- Chancellorsville and the Civil War in German American memory.