Thomas Paine and the literature of revolution
New York, N.Y. :
Cambridge University Press,
|Subjects and Genres:|
|Online Access:||Table of contents|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Inventing an American public : the Pennsylvania Magazine and revolutionary American political discourse
- "Could the wolf bleat like the lamb" : Paine's critique of the early American public sphere
- Writing revolutionary history
- The science of revolution : technological metaphors and scientific methodology in Rights of man and the Age of reason
- "Strong friends and violent enemies" : the historical construction of Thomas Paine through the nineteenth century
- Paine and nineteenth century American literary history.