Belonging to the Army : camp followers and community during the American Revolution
University of South Carolina Press,
|Subjects and Genres:|
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
Table of Contents:
- Custom, conflict, and camp followers
- The Army : a continental community
- The mercantile community : sutlers and other suppliers
- Retainers to the camp : the conjugal family
- Retainers to the camp : the extended family
- All persons serving with the Army
- Subject to orders and the discpline of war
- Contributors to a glorious work.