Revolutionary conceptions : women, fertility, and family limitation in America, 1760-1820 /
Susan E. Klepp.
|Main Author:||Klepp, Susan E.|
Chapel Hill : University of North Carolina Press, 2009
> United States
> 18th century.
Women > United States > Social conditions > 18th century.
United States > Social conditions > To 1865.
Table of Contents:
- Introduction. first to fall: fertility, American women, and revolution
- Starting, spacing, and stopping: the statistics of birth and family size
- Old ways and new
- Women's words
- Beauty and the bestial: images of women
- Potions, pills, and jumping ropes: the technology of birth control
- Increase and multiply: embarrassed men and public order
- Reluctant revolutionaries
- Conclusion. fertility and the feminine in early America.